Corporate Communications Specialist
5 – 6 ($36,300 - $66,700)
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
As a specialist in Corporate Communications you’ll be part of a team that shares engaging, relevant and important information to customers, employees, shareholders and everyone else in our stakeholder universe about NorthWestern Energy that underscores our mission to enrich lives through a safe, sustainable energy future.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards
· Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy’s values, mission, and strategic business objectives
Key responsibilities of this position include:
· Work with collaboratively to write interesting, accurate and objective copy that customers, employee, shareholders and the public will read in a variety of media including in-house publications and e-mail messages, press relations, websites, blogs, brochures, etc.
· Integrate the above with compelling video and/or still photographs (that you shoot and edit) that tell the story effectively.
· Develop, maintain and enhance relationship with media and act as spokesperson on a variety of issues including operations, energy efficiency, and safety.
· Develop and implement strategies to raise public awareness of the company’s activities in local areas, divisions and districts.
· Research and create compelling presentations for delivery by company executives and other speakers as directed.
· Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s social media platform.
· Assist client departments to develop effective communication strategies associated with specific projects.
· Work collaboratively with other members of the small, committed communications team to demonstrate NorthWestern’s Mission, Vision and Values effectively to everyone with who we interact through active participation in and support of promotional events, community presentations, employee events and public meetings.
· All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and key responsibilities. It does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned. Most job time will be spent in an office environment with some lifting of light-weight office materials up to 35 pounds required occasionally. Overnight travel is required.
· Must be able to demonstrate a good safety record
· Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
· Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
· Prior corporate or agency media relations, public relations, or journalism experience is required. Previous experience as a journalist is preferred.
· Requires utilization of a PC with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Knowledge of television production essentials including the ability to shoot and edit video is preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Applicants may be required to submit a portfolio of writing clips, photographs or video clips.
· Must have above average working knowledge of web-based communication trends including social media.
· Must have a demonstrated positive attitude and be a team player who is willing and able to respond to media inquiries early in the morning, late at night and on the weekends.
· Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and have the flexibility to adjust work schedules as needed.
· Must be willing to travel and work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern Energy, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
Apply directly on NorthWestern Energy's website